Monday 28 January 2013

Don't worry. Be happy.

   I am a worrier.  I don't know when it started but as far back as I can remember my head has been a blizzard of thoughts, concerns, hopes and anticipation. My worries have ranged from 'what skirt goes with these shoes?' to 'will Mum see my Children?'. Some things are more important than others but I have a logical mind enough to know that if I can not change the outcome, I should not ponder on all the possibilities and drive myself crazy for it, but sometimes I can not help myself...

   We have complicated relationships with so many ways of communicating - we have so many more ways now to be uncommunicative. We have complicated leisure in that there is so much choice we find grief in indecision. The world is your oyster. Anything is possible. 
I worry that I'll take so long choosing many great things to do that I'll only achieve one small something in my life.

It's silly, to spend so much time worrying and miss out on enjoying life for what it is.

   I read something a few minutes ago which really hit home what I have been thinking about over the past year or so. 'Disappointment is inevitable, discouragement is a choice.' 
Plain and simple but not so easy, right?
But what if it is. What if I did count my blessings when things didn't go the way I planned, what would happen if I focused on the good things whilst my worries sorted themselves out when I couldn't control them
   - Then I'd say I'd be quite alright. 

   I find it's the simple things that make the biggest difference in my mood. When I'm feeling down, a cup of hot chocolate can perk me up. Somtimes being alone with some colourful processing does the job, other times wearing a pretty dress on a dull day does the trick as well.
   They may sound like trivial things to you, but I'm a little girl at heart who enjoys the little pleasures in life.

A good friend told me not to worry, to be happy, and to let surprises come to me every once in a while. So I think I will. Or at least I'll give it a jolly good try. 



 

1 comment:

  1. Cool. I definitely needed to read this one tonight.

    ReplyDelete